BlackBerry Corporation Network Operations Center Engineer in Ottawa, Ontario
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
BlackBerry Cylance is seeking a Senior level Network Operations Center Engineer to join our growing company!
The NOC Senior Technician will have a “hands on” role in all systems that are monitored, and will be responsible for understanding and escalating issues to ensure business continuity. Primary role would be front line tier 1 team that identifies, resolves, or escalates issues. Overall understanding of the organization and the drive to ensure issues are escalated appropriately and within defined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for hands on troubleshooting and leadership of the NOC activities during their shift.
- Senior Level knowledge across all Enterprise System monitoring tools employed by Cylance.
- Provide support to perform audits on monitoring tools to ensure the entire IT Enterprise is being properly monitored.
- Proactively work with the Business to grow the monitoring environment with goal of more specific, early warning monitoring.
- Quickly understand Cylance Business model with and understand all IT applications and services that could impact our customers.
- Take initiative to create and maintain documents, procedures, and run books without direction.
- NOC notifications are accurate and sent out within published SLA.
- Communicate problems to all levels of the organization as required.
- Informing Manager and Senior Management of status on all issues and initiatives for your team. In the absence of NOC Manager, own the escalation process.
- Assist in creating/updating operational run-books.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology and in a NOC environment.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of AWS architecture and SaaS solutions.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a 1000+ node AWS environment supporting business critical systems.
- In-depth experience with the system design and administration in the following: o Windows Server Operating Systems (Supported versions) o Windows Active Directory o Linux Systems – CentOS preferred
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams. Flexible enough to work with different technical skill levels and skill sets.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with Internet and infrastructure protocols and standards including: TCP/IP, ICMP, SMTP, SNMP, IMAP, POP3, MAPI, DNS, WINS, CIFS, DHCP, LDAP, FTP, etc.
- Familiarity with scripting and automation
- Strong working knowledge of the following tools but not limited to: DataDog, Nagios, Synthetic Monitors (Alertsite, StatusCake, site24x7, Gomez), and CloudWatch.
- Strong understanding of Network related concepts.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral are essential.
- Develop, document, and publish operational processes and procedures.
- Ability to mentor and grow the team.
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal guidance / leadership.
- Ability to work well under pressure is critical.
- Experience with problem and incident management processes and tools; including Root Cause Analysis required.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be available to work any shift, weekends, and holidays. Must be available for on call duties as scheduled.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
Cover letter/summary expressing: o Why you are interested in working at Blackberry Cylance o The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
Job Family Group Name: Information Technology
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled