BlackBerry Corporation Data Analytics Engineer Intern - Summer 2020 in San Ramon, California
Student (Fixed Term)
* Job Description: *
BlackBerry is looking to hire a Data Analytics Engineer intern to join our AtHoc Cloud Dev/Ops team. This engineer will join a senior team of engineers to learn how to classify and analyze large amounts of data and extract meaningful business information that will be used to improve enterprise security and business operations. The Engineer will use a variety of tools including SQL databases and visualization tools as well as custom developed software and scripts.
Location: San Ramon, California
- Identify key data sets collected by Athoc Delivery Systems
- Assist in both Cloud Dev/Ops and Engineering in the staging of developmental data warehouse
- Define and document the ETL process for Operational Metrics and Data
- Identify actionable information, forecast app and user behavior and influence app development by identifying the app and app feature usage patterns.
- Work together with the Cloud Ops team and participate in the design of an end to end real time platform metrics visualization
- Develop a 3-page Capstone which provides and executive summary of your engagement and documents your accomplishments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in a related field or discipline
- Experience with Programming languages (Power Shell, Python) a plus
- Understanding of SQL database structure, queries, and schemas
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse architecture and best practices
Job Family Group Name:
Business Practices & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled