BlackBerry Corporation Director, Creative in United States
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
BlackBerry’s Global Marketing Team is seeking a Creative Director with 10 years of experience (4 years of which leading a large multi-functional team with 2 years as Sr. Manager/Director), to be an integral partner in our transformation into an in-house agency-model design organization. We are looking for an active, hands-on leader with the drive and ambition of taking a studio to its highest potential, is comfortable with ambiguity and flexible in dealing with change. They understand best-in-class design and inspires it through the work they do and the team they lead, while balancing brand guidelines, business requirements and a sense of urgency; the CD respects all of those facets and provides the leadership to the team and clients to deliver amazing designs and ultimately success for all.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- Lead, manage and inspire our creative team of visual designers, motion designers and copywriters located across various locations (in office and remote)
- Key strategist and creative director/producer for the creation of engaging digital graphics, motion graphics, retail packaging artwork, POS and event materials for new product introductions and demand gen campaigns
- Manage day-to-day design operations including priorities, resource planning, and project success
- Effectively communicate, motivate, coach and develop design excellence
- Oversee concurrent projects from inception to completion – scoping, reviewing project plans, designs, through to deliverables
- Champion and lead by example for a smart and healthy organization, mentor and grow the careers of your reports
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand and deliver on goals
- Clearly communicate and evangelize our design practice to stakeholders from designers to executive leadership
- Partner with Marcom, Video Marketing, and Brand team leaders to facilitate a cohesive execution of creative materials across print, mobile, web and ecommerce.
- 4 years management experience plus 2 years as Sr. Manager/Director level with proven success as a creative leader in digital design, packaging design/copywriting with an agency, B2B, hi-tech or corporate marketing team
- Minimum 10 years’ success leading a team of 10+ creatives while providing hands on creative expertise and project management with BS/BA or 8 years with MA/MS
- Portfolio samples of recent work
- Expertise in Adobe CC, proficient in MS Office
- Strong, proven leadership skills, highly developed interpersonal skills to lead, empower and manage a team
- Must be comfortable and effective in a corporate environment
- Excellent written and verbal communicator at all levels
- Refined organizational skills, ability to design and manage a scalable organization
- Energetic and infectious leadership, self-driven, pro-active involvement, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem-solving ability, ability to interpret data to refine deliverables, provide metrics for team ROI
- Proven success of budget management and reporting, including forecasting
Job Family Group Name: Marketing & Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled