BlackBerry Corporation Senior Full-Stack Developer in United States
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
The BlackBerry Radar group is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Developer to join our BlackBerry Radar Cloud Services team where we are developing technology to help the transportation industry move into the Internet age by connecting their assets to the Cloud.
Our service allows customers to manage their Radar equipped fleets by providing location tracking, a host of rich sensor readings, alerts on meaningful events, analytics on their behavioral data, integration into other backend systems such as transportation management systems, and much more.
We are looking for an enthusiastic developer who loves innovative technologies to join our team.
- Develop end-to-end solutions from the user interface to the backend database schema
- Integrate and use leading tools such as React, NATS, Node.js, Go, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Redis, and a host of AWS technologies
- Identify service bottlenecks and develop solutions to ensure high service availability and performance
- Write unit and integration tests to continually improve quality and ensure our ability to introduce features at a rapid pace
- Work directly with customers to enable their use cases with our platform
- Planning work using agile methodologies
Skills And Qualifications :
- 8+ years of experience working on web technologies with a focus on backend
- Advanced experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and Redis along with proficiency in modelling data
- Experience optimizing database queries and data access patterns
- Ability to design and deliver systems with high availability and fault tolerance in a microservice architecture
- Experience with cloud deployment pipelines and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and AWS ECS
- Experience in front end development is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of motivation, sense of urgency, and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Job Family Group Name: Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled